Sunday, August 17, 2014

Shake Ups

For some time, I have been feeling very quite blah. I was in a job that I was fed up with and my love life is (and still is) in the craper and my physical health was not great. I was very unhappy with how my life was at the time and I was just fed up. Then one day, something magical happened. Okay it wasn't magic but it felt like a breath of fresh air. While I was on Instagram, I saw some post from Adrienne Bosh (NBA star Chris Bosh's wife) and it was a book. The book was really pretty (sparkly and pink) and I thought to myself, "that's a cute book" but I kept scrolling down my timeline. Then she started posted quotes from the book and I was finding all of the quotes that she posted can be applied to my life some way and some how. So I followed the author and that was that.
 So one day, the 4th of July, the author, Cara Alwill Leyba, said she was giving away the kindle version of her book The Champagne Diet. I quickly added the app on my tablet and got the book. I loved it! I was reading it at any moment that I could. At work, at night, when I was out and about, anywhere. The book wasn't long at all, which made it even more enjoyable. Anyway, I took to heart some of the things she spoke about in the book and after I finished reading the book, I had a new outlook on life.
On July 17th, the unthinkable happened: I lost my job. I was somewhat crushed but then again, I wasn't. I was crushed because I had bills to pay and I couldn't afford to be without a job. I also, however, felt relieved. I honestly did not like my job. I couldn't really relate with the nurses there, I couldn't stand my boss, the hours conflicted with my school schedule, I was just unhappy there. Plus the company did not pay enough nor did I feel like a valued employee. So yes a part of me was relieved. Instead of going home and crying and getting drunk, I simply paid my light bill, made a money order for next month's rent and saved some money for a couple of my bills.  I bout a nice healthy dinner and that was that. Now I'm not gonna lie, at times I wanted to break down and cry dimly because I didn't have any money. It just wasn't fair.
I kept thinking about the things that I read in The Champagne Diet and I felt myself picking up the pieces. I also bought her other book Sparkle which also kept me encouraged through my journey.  It was like something finally clicked in my head. There were, however, times when i questioned God's purpose in all of this. I went on so many interviews that ended in me not getting hired that I was thinking of giving up. However, I thought to myself, maybe this is a good thing, and it was.
I recently got offered a job at a school, which is wanted, and I couldn't be happier. I know that all jobs are not gonna be all fun and games but...its in my career field plus I'll be making more money than I did at my previous job. And its right around the corner from my house! This was such a blessing to me!
Anyway, I say all this to say that its okay when life gives you shakeups, its okay. Shakeups are not a bad thing. Maybe its to humble you. Maybe its to strengthen you. Maybe its to test your faith. Or maybe its used as a promotion. Everything happens for a reason and its up to use not to lose ourselves at that moment.  We must trust in God that everything will work out. Its scary when life throws you a curb ball. Its all about revamping the way you think and the way you do things. My life isn't perfect, but as I said, I got a better job while I'm in school, I'm working out more and drinking soda a lot less,  started reading for enjoyment, and I'm blogging again (I'm trying to do better. I promise). I believe that one day God will bless me with a man (a girl got dreams) and everything will be as it should be.

BTW if you're interested in checking out her books, check them out on Amazon or you can go to her website, which is her name. Her blog is called ironically: The Champagne Diet. Or simply click the links on this blog.http://thechampagnediet.blogspot.com    and http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_7?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=cara+alwill+leyba&sprefix=cara+al%2Caps%2C175






Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment